ABOUT MEI am primarily an investor, accidental author, curious researcher of economics, serendipitous lawyer who is passionate about eradication of poverty, urban development, art and conservation and other things. Crazy right? I know! Barbara Sher would call me a Scanner but I leave it to you.
My first book "Subverting Capitalism & Democracy" discusses the systemic faults in the democracy & capitalism that created conditions favourable for the crisis. These conditions that helped create and foster greed cannot be ignored or we are condemned to another crisis. In the book, I discuss some of these systemic issues we must deal with to avoid a repeat of such terrible occurrence.
My second book "Understanding Firms" discusses a manager's model of the firm. This model provides a new framework for thinking about firms.
Previously, I worked with investment bank evaluating companies across the world for investment opportunities. This is mostly financial models, portfolio evaluations, economic forecasting, analyst calls, meetings with companies and tons of reading. See my resume.
What have I done earlier?
I have worked in manufacturing, factory maintenance, Sales, assisted with brand management, advertising, sales force training, dealer selection, product launches. Worked on consulting assignments on real estate, metals, auto components, consumer electronics, industrial goods, aviation services and banks. I have also done computer programming, animation (computer based - Flash, 3Ds Max, Director).
- Violins, Guitars, good music (oldies - Rat pack style, Frank Sinatra, Elvis, etc)
- Indian music - old hindi music,marathi songs, some new hindi songs, etc.
- Great poetry (Robert Frost, Robert Browning, Wordsworth, Tennyson, Elizabeth Barret, Longfellow, etc)
- Indian poetry (Sahir Ludhianvi, Gulzar, sometimes Indeever, Mirza Galib, Mir Taki Mir, G. D. Madgulkar, P. L. Deshpande, P. K. Atre, etc.)
- Trekking (been around Himalayas a little - have to do more)
- Ideas and concepts that link across disciplines
- Dectectives (Sherlock Holmes, Hercule Poirot, Miss Marple, Hardy Boys, Nanacy Drew,)
- Movies (James Bond, Gladiator, Gone with the wind, Romatics, LOTR, anything action)
- Technology - gizmos basically
- Cricket (the game)
- Bachlors of Law
- Bachlors of Engineering - Mechanical Engineering
- Post Graduate Diploma in Advanced Computing
- My blog on Finance and Economics
- My other blog about general stuff
- My fiction stories here
- My verses are here
- My LinkedIn profile is here
- Link to my twitter account.
- Or you can email me at rahuldeodhar [at] yahoo [dot] com.
Pronouncing my name:
- Based on IPA pronunciation guide my name is pronounced as follows: Rɑːhʉl Dɛoʊdhər
- Generically it is pronounced as follows:
- Raa-hul (short u, similar to "full" but with one "l", Hul rhymes with full rather than fool)
- They-O-dh-ur (last "ur" is same as in "fur")